Friday, March 20, 2009

Take that Target!

Target sure thought they had me.
I printed off $1 off Cheetos snack coupons from the Target website and attempted to purchase the smaller snack size found by the register. The manager turned me down and said that I had to buy the larger size Cheetos, even thought the coupon doesn't specify.

So I called corporate.
Take that!
The person I talked to there told me that Target should accept my coupon and gave me a reference number to give to the Target employees if I had any other problems.

So I went back to the store, armed with my reference # and tried to get some Cheetos (don't worry, I was purchasing other items also, so it's not like this was a lot of wasted trips)

The same manager turned me down again and recognized me as someone she had already turned down. I told her that I had spoken to corporate and could use the coupons. She didn't care and said she wouldn't allow it. So I gave her my reference number and told her to call corporate herself.


AND SHE DID!!!!

For a $1 coupon!

So I stood in line for 20 mins while she explained the situation to the corporate offices.

She then said that corporate was instructing her not to accept the coupon.

So I asked her to pass me the phone.

I explained the situation to the corporate office and told her what the coupon looks like. She said that she didn't have the coupon in front of her, so she wasn't able to confirm what I was saying so I told her to go ahead and get the coupon from Target.com. Then I had to wait for her to find the coupons online. She then asked to talk to the manager again and I passed the phone back.

The manager started grumbling and saying it was corporates fault for not specifying on the coupon... and then she hung up and said, "It looks like we'll accept them this time."


Heck yes you will!
And you'll have a nice piece of humble pie while you're at it!

At this point it was no longer about a $1 coupon... this is my pride we're talking about!

Here are my winnings! (that's right, I totally won that fight)
I got the pledge stuff for free because I had $3 off in coupons for each one and they were on sale for $2.50. I had to buy the filler items to make up for the extra $.50 overage from the coupons.
Total money spent $3.35
Total money saved $16.00
Take that!

1 comment: