Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We had to start somewhere

It's Sara here and I had a killer week at CVS that I just had to brag about!



I spent total out of pocket (OOP) $4.66. I made $12 in Extra Care Bucks (ecb) which work just like a gift card next time I go.




Total savings $63.79 +12.00 to spend next time



And...



Check out all my loot.








Those little lotions at the bottom are how I made my money. They cost $2.99/ea and I had a $4.00 off coupon (well 11 total coupons that I used in 11 different transactions). So with each coupon I was able to get a lotion and 2 candy bars for free! Woot woot!





I love CVS!





Walgreens is the enemy.

I went there today as well. They have a program similar to the extra bucks, but it's not posted anywhere. They list a few items in the ad, but the rest you just have to try to figure out yourself. What's up with that? I found online that the Colgate MaxFresh cost $3.29 and you get $3.50 register rewards back. So I did that and tried to use my register rewards with my next transaction and combine it with a bunch of other coupons and it totally didn't work. They even had to call over 2 different managers and nobody could figure out how to get them to work.

So I ended up spending a total of $4.61 and saved $25.00. Not bad, but it's totally not as cool as CVS.

Here's what I got at Walgreens.



Ok, it's Eliza's turn now to post some savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment